Easy Opencart linking
Using the following information, you can easily link Opencart and get started immediately with sending your products via the Wuunder shipping module for Opencart webshops. At the touch of a button you can send documents, parcels and pallets with the most suitable carrier. Would you like to receive more information first? Then read here further or view the Frequently asked questions about Opencart.
OPENCART SHIPPING MODULE
- The Opencart module is suitable for version 2.xxx and 18.104.22.168. Are you working with a different version or are you unable to connect?
Please contact our customer service.
- Wuunder has both a test and a production environment. Before shipping, use the test environment so that you can properly test the operation of your shop before going live. Activate the test environment via this link.
- Do you see opportunities for improvement? Let us know via GitHub.
- TIP: make a backup of your webshop and download the Opencart plug-in via the Opencart marketplace.
Step 1 - Go to your Opencart dashboard and click on the left side of the screen "Extensions". Then select "Modules" in the dropdown menu.
Step 2 - Here you will find the Wuunder extension. Then choose "Edit" to configure it.
Step 3 - If you plan to test, choose Staging API at the field API". In the field Live API Key enter the production API key in the field Test API Key enter the staging API key that you received from Wuunder. Do you not yet own any API keys? Send one email.
Step 4 - If you always have the shipments picked up from the same location, you can enter the company details here. Do you want to have shipments picked up at different places? Then leave the company data completely empty and create it via standard pick-up addresses in MyWuunder.
- Provide the company name and address where the shipments are to be collected by the carrier (s). The information you enter here will be visible on the shipping label. As a result, the driver of the carrier knows where the shipments must be picked up and delivered (returns).
- The email address you use here will also receive all the labels you create. This can be, for example, the email address of the warehouse that prepares the shipments.
- Select what status you want to give to an order after you create a shipping label. For example, in the example we choose 'delivered'.
- After you have booked a shipment with Wuunder, we automatically update the status of your order in Opencart. You can determine the status after booking via the drop-down menu "Order status after booking". Usually shops choose the status "Sent".
Step 5 - Via the dropdown behind “Wuunder filter: # 1 Carrier” you can select which options you give your customer in the check-out. For example, you choose to pick up yourself at your own location or a carrier or a specific service from a carrier.
Step 6 - At “Wuunder filter: Filter” you can then also register services. If you want to know which services you can use, go to Wuunder filters. Enter the name of the service you want to use in the checkout such as: dpd or dhl_parcel. When booking the shipment, we show the chosen service by the customer with a blue dot or the indication “desired service”.
Step 7 - When all data has been changed, click on “Save” at the bottom right of the screen.
Step 8 - The plugin is now configured! Now go to your shop and test if everything is still working properly. Opencart is an open source platform, so it can sometimes happen that the plug-in conflicts with already installed plug-ins. If you do not need the other plug-ins, it is best to remove them.
Our plug-in is made on the basis of the standard check-out page of the webshop environment. As a result, when changes are made and / or a plug-in is used for the check-out, our plug-in no longer functions properly. So keep this in mind if the standard check-out page has been adjusted or a completely different one is used.
Send orders via opencart
Yes! You are now ready to send with Wuunder. Follow this step-by-step plan and start immediately with smarter shipping.
Step 1 - In your Opencart dashboard, go to “Orders” on the left side of the screen.
Step 2 - Click behind an order on the green icon under “Actions”. You can only generate shipping labels for shipments you create after installing the plug-in. Send all old orders by re-creating an order in Opencart or book them via MyWuunder or the Wuunder browser or the Google Chrome extension. If you are still testing the module then you read here more about the test environments.
Step 3 - After this, we check your submitted data and you can book the shipment. Read here sea.
Step 4 - You will then return to the Opencart order overview.
Step 5 - You can then print the shipping label directly from your shop. Would you like more information about quickly printing your shipping labels or printing a shipping label by scanning a packing slip? Then click here. Return a shipment? This is very easy. Read more through this link.
Step 6 - By clicking on the green Track & trace icon in the Opencart order overview you can also track the shipment. In MyWuunder you can easily see the latest status of each shipment and you can quickly identify possible issues.