Important service update: Corona virus
Important to know if you are going to send shipments to affected areas
The corona virus can affect the sending of your documents, packages and pallets to affected areas. Many companies are closed due to the corona virus (COVID-19). It is therefore important to check in advance whether the recipient you want to send an order to is open. If the recipient turns out to be closed, your order will be returned. No shipments are stored in affected areas.
More and more companies closed and border delays
- We still see huge differences per country. Carriers also use different services per country. DPD makes 1 more delivery attempt in the Netherlands for shipments to a business address. DHL Parcel, for example, does not deliver shipments longer than 120 cm in Belgium, Germany and France.
- Delays still occur in international transport. In addition, Brexit will also cause additional delays to and from the UK.
- At the moment we see that there are no longer direct deliveries to parcel shops in some areas in the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, France, Italy and Spain. Often because the store where the parcelshop is located is closed. Our advice is not to activate the parcelshop module to avoid returns
- Because companies are closed, it is advisable to send to private addresses because people are more often present there.
Adjustments in collection and episodes
- Most carriers use a zero contact procedure, which means that scanners are no longer used by both the customer and the driver. As a result, the recipient's “signature for receipt” is missing and there is no “proof” that the shipment has been delivered. Some carriers, such as PostNL, ask for the last 3 digits of the ID and record it in the scanner.
- Some carriers put the package in front of the door and then take appropriate distance as soon as the door is opened.
which companies are often closed
- All stores that are not related to essential needs.
- Catering establishments such as restaurants, pubs, bar, ice cream parlors and pastry shops.
- Stores that deal with personal services such as hairdressers, beauticians, etc.
companies that are often open
- Hypermarkets / Superstores / Supermarkets
- Minimarkets and other non-specialized assorted grocery stores
- Retail stores or frozen products
- Retail trade in non-specialized stores of computers, peripheral devices, telecommunications equipment, audio and video consumer electronics, domestic appliances
- Retail trade of food, beverages and tobacco in specialized stores
- Retail trade or automotive fuel in specialized stores
- Retail trade of computers and telecommunications equipment (ICT) in specialized stores
- Retail trade of hardware, paints, flat glass and electrical and thermo-hydraulic equipment
Retail sale of sanitary equipment
- Lighting retail trade
- Retail of newspapers, magazines and periodicals
- Retail trade or non-prescription medicines in specialized stores
- Retail trade of medical and orthopedic items in specialized stores
- Retail trade of perfumery, toiletries and personal care products
- Retail trade of small pets
- Retail trade of optics and photography equipment
- Retail trade of domestic and heating fuel
- Retail trade of soaps, detergents, polishing products and similar products
- Retail trade or any type of product bought through the internet
- Retail trade of any type of product for television
- Retail trade of any type of product for mail, radio, telephone
- Sales by means of vending machines
- Laundry and cleaning of textile and fur products
- Activities of industrial laundries
- Other laundries, dry cleaners
- Funeral services and related activities
Financial services such as banks and all activities related to the agricultural sector are also often simply open.
(Source: DPD Netherlands)
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
We ensure that every shipment can be provided with a shipping label so that the retailer does not have to have contact with the driver and carrier who will collect the shipments. The transporter can of course be anyone who has a bicycle, cargo bike, car, bus or truck.