The CO₂ surcharge will be introduced in Germany on December 1.
As of December 1, most carriers use a higher Maut for shipments through and through Germany.
The Maut reform is part of a package of measures by the German government to encourage the use of environmentally friendly measures. If you still show fixed sales prices in your check-out, it is important to adjust them. Do you use the Dynamic checkout van Wuunder then you don't have to do anything at all.
In addition to a significant rate increase, new, complex regulations will also come into effect. This makes determining the toll rate for the vehicle more complex.
What will change?
From December 1, 2023:
- A toll applies to vehicles with a technical maximum mass of at least 7,5 tonnes (box F.1 on the RDW registration certificate).
- The criteria for the toll rate are the CO₂ emission class of the vehicle, the number of axles in the total combination and the share of noise pollution, air pollution and infrastructure.
- The toll rate is made up of a share of noise pollution, air pollution, infrastructure and CO₂ emissions. The biggest change is that the Maut rate will be expanded with a CO₂ component.
From January 1, 2024:
- CNG and LNG vehicles are no longer exempt from Maut.
From July 1, 2024:
- It is especially important for couriers to know that vehicles with a technically permissible maximum mass of more than 3,5 tonnes become subject to Maut (field F.2 registration certificate).
Always up to date with the latest Wuunder developments and logistics trends? Follow us on LinkedIn!