Wuunder is looking for a
Senior Elixir Web Developer
Vacancy Senior Elixir Web Developer
Wuunder is a fast-growing, ambitious and above all dynamic scale-up. Every day we turn the market for parcels a bit upside down. We do this by making the process of sending and receiving shipments as simple and as personal as possible. Our secret: a passionate team and the latest technologies. This way we can unburden our customers as much as possible and provide tailor-made solutions. And we go very far in that. We also take care of the customer service of our customers and arrange their transport, warehousing and/or fulfilment with our partners.
Will you become the newest member of Wuunder? Then you will receive from us:
- A versatile position with responsibility and where no day is the same;
- A place where you work on your own development;
- Room for own initiative and good ideas. We are always open to that. We even encourage it! Whether you work with us for a month or a year;
- A work laptop;
- Everything else you need to create a nice workplace;
- You will also receive a homework allowance (on the days you work at home);
- Travel allowance (if you can’t go to work by bike);
- A pension scheme;
- Holiday allowance (8%);
- Money at the end of the month. Between €4000,- and €6000,- gross (bruto) per month, depending on experience.
And what does your role look like at Wuunder?
- Coaching and mentoring more junior developers;
- Contributing to the architecture of the web platform;
- Communicating with other members of the platform development team and the rest of the company to design and implement new functionality in the application;
- Improving existing functionality;
- Implementing or maintaining API integrations with various shipping providers;
- Performing code review and giving feedback to your fellow developers;
- Decreasing technical debt and looking at legacy architecture critically;
- Working as third line support on a rotating basis (working hours only);
In this role, you will be a core member of the team developing the shipping logistics platform at Wuunder.
Unfortunately we have a few requirements, but don’t worry they are easy.
- An internet connection so you can work remotely within the EU.
- You’ve mastered the art of the English language.
- Phoenix (with lots of liveview)
The platform team is self-governing. Our current workflow includes trunk-based development, pairing when appropriate, continuous deployment (sometimes 10+ times per day), and we are open to new innovations. We have a good balance of junior and senior developers in the team.
Some extra information about Wuunder
WORKING FROM HOME
Wuunder has its office in Weert. Yet we call it more of a training location, meeting place or inspiration location. Almost everyone works from home or another location and only comes to Weert one or a few days a month. Good for work-life balance. In this way we limit commuting and we also contribute to CO2 reduction. You have very active contact with other team members on a daily basis. Wuunder now consists of more than 50 people.
WILD AND SELF STARTER
You will have the opportunity to work independently on the growth of Wuunder. In your own field, but always in a team. You work with small, changing teams. We are looking for critical team members who are internally motivated to amaze our customers on a daily basis. We make agreements within those teams. Due to the enormous growth, it is important that you are a self-starter.
Wuunder was founded in 2016 in the Netherlands and is now also active in Belgium, Luxembourg and Germany. Our customers are mainly Dutch, German, French and English speaking. Understanding and speaking any of these languages is a plus, but only fluent English is required. Not only do we work internationally, but our team is also international.
Interested? Send us your motivation letter and CV (or a link to your linkedin profile). Then we will contact you as soon as possible!